Monday, April 29, 2013

St Germain Margarita

    This week I'll be featuring five of my favorite Mexican recipes.  Call it Cinco Recipes for Cinco de Mayo if you will.  First up, a twist on the standard margarita.  Lately I've been into St Germain Elderflower liqueur.  Maybe somehow I'm preparing myself for our trip to Paris in the fall or maybe the stuff is just crazy delicious.  Or maybe both.  While St Germain usually finds its way into complicated artsy cocktails, it works just as well in the classic margarita.



St Germain Margarita Recipe

1 ounce blanco tequila
3/4 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
3/4 ounce St Germain

Moisten the rim of glass with lime juice or water and dip into coarse salt 
  Tip: I love a salted rim but if your limes are particularly tart, a sugared rim would work well in this recipe
Place ice cubes in a cocktail shaker and add the rest of the ingredients and shake
Pour into glass and garnish with a lime  


    This margarita would also be delicious on the rocks but I think the subtlety of the St Germain would be drowned out in a frozen one.  Just my opinion.  Check back for tomorrow's Cinco de Mayo preview recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...